Friday, November 28, 2008

BLACK FRIDAY


Well the 2008 official Christmas shopping season has started. I however will not partake. At least not in the bricks and mortar. Nope I prefer to let my fingers do the walking and shop online.

Internet merchants used to have their own version of Black Friday but it was the Monday proceeding, Black Monday. However it seems this year, because of the economy no doubt, this has been bumped up.
That was a short tradition.

Nevertheless, I have decided this Christmas because of the economy to forgo giving gifts (except my mom) and instead give what money I would normally spend on gifts to various charities. I hate to keep repeating,"with the economy" but its true that giving will most likely to be down this Christmas.

There are so many worthy organizations needing assistance now. Giving to a local charity like food banks, and Toy for Tots and local Angel Trees helps your own community and Michigan.

However when shopping please consider patronized those merchants who embrace "Christmas" "Christmas-friendly" retailers — prominent acknowledgment of "Christmas"
Focus on the Family Actions 2008 Christmas-Friendly Shopping Guide List

However if you are looking for a great gift for the conservative(s) on your list.

These books should be required reading for every American but certainly for every conservative. They are:

The Making of America: The Substance and Meaning of the Constitution - W. Cleon Skousen

The 5000 Year Leap: A Miracle That Changed the World - W. Cleon Skousen

The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression - Amity Shlaes

I buy my books online,usually Amazon, good deals on used books in great condition.

HAPPY SHOPPING!

No comments: