Thursday, October 30, 2008

How Foreign Liberals (and Jihadi's for that matter) Can Contribute Illegally to the Obama Campaign

I ran across this blog surfing the web. First person account from this blogger how he was able to ILLEGALLY contribute to the Obama campaign. It has been reported as the author states about that the Obama campaign gathered a never before total of 150 million in one month, in a down economy and how many of those contributions were illegal such as this article on Townhall.com

However the larger concern is what is being done about it? According to the Townhall blog,"The problem with such cards, campaign finance lawyers said, is that they make it impossible to tell whether foreign nationals, donors who have exceeded the limits, government contractors or others who are barred from giving to a federal campaign are making contributions"

Outrageous!


Written by John Ronning
Wednesday, 29 October 2008
PBTS

How Foreign Liberals (and Jihadi's for that matter) Can Contribute Illegally to the Obama Campaign

It’s pretty easy — all you need is a credit card (foreign card is OK), a phony name, phony US address, phony telephone number, and just keep each contribution less than $200 so your illegal contribution never needs to be reported. As a foreigner you can even give more than Americans are allowed to legally contribute, by just using a different phony name each time you contribute, so that your contributions are never tallied, thus never exceed the limit.

And of course American supporters of Obama can also contribute more than the legal limit by following the same procedure. Not to mention the fact that you can easily steal someone else's credit card number and contribute through it, not needing the correct name etc. (yes it has happened), and just hope the victim doesn't notice it.

Last Friday I read on various web sites (e.g.
NRO) that the Obama campaign was facilitating illegal credit card contributions by disabling standard security verification procedures. Normally, a credit card payment is rejected if the name you give does not match the name on the card. Duh. Not so the Obama campaign.

I said to myself, "If Americans can do this, I wonder if foreigners could too?" I’m a US citizen, but I have lived in South Africa for the last ten years and have a foreign credit card, from a South African bank. So I googled the Obama campaign web site and used my foreign credit card to contribute $5 (the minimum accepted) to his campaign. Sure enough, my account was charged $5 (54 Rand) on Monday. I assume that if I could do it, all those French who want Obama to be president could do it too.

Money translates into votes, because propaganda is effective, including obvious lies which are endlessly repeated.

Here, then, are the step by step instructions for fraudulently contributing to the Obama campaign, and participating in the mother of all campaign swindles:

Go to the Obama web site, find the page where contributions are accepted (I won’t link to it, but it’s not hard to find).

Listen to Obama’s spiel which automatically plays, telling you that since he’s not taking money from PAC’s or Lobbyists (nothing about foreigners), he’s depending upon you to contribute.

Fill in the name, address, etc., according to your imagination. Nothing needs to be correct except the credit card number. I used the name "Good Guess", a phony address etc., and got the message that my donation was accepted; three days later the money was charged to my account.

During those three days a couple of mainstream newspapers did some whitewashing work for Obama, failing to make clear the deliberateness of Obama’s disabling of standard security checks to prevent credit card fraud, failing to point out the obvious, that you cannot get away with such fraud on the McCain/Palin web site, etc.

Next I had the opportunity to have Obama e-mail my friends, inviting them to follow my example. I had them send an e-mail from "Good Guess" to one of my e-mail addresses, and a short time later the e-mail arrived.

I know from experience that the Obama web site could be set up to automatically detect if it is being accessed from a foreign country (South Africa, in my case). I know from experience that it could be set up to reject foreign credit cards, even if the names and addresses were correct (for example, I cannot use my American credit card for certain transactions in South Africa).

And by the way, you can also contribute to Obama anonymously through those pre-paid credit cards you buy at the drug store.
As another Republican candidate said 12 years ago, "Where is the outrage?"

P.S. I am asking for my money back.

Documentation:
Here is a screen shot of Obama’s "thanks" for my contribution.
Here is a screen shot of the e-mail I got from the Obama campaign, soliciting me to join in this fraudulent enterprise.
Here is a screen shot of my online bank statement (personal names blacked out).
No comments for this item

Disclaimer: I did not investigate this site as to the their doctrine of Christianity. As such I am not endorsing or not endorsing any articles devoted to doctrine on this blog

No comments: