Sunday, October 12, 2008

Michigan, My Michigan

"TREES"

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

By Joyce Kilmer.


As Michiganders we are blessed with the magnificent trees of Fall. No matter where you live in Michigan there is an amazing color tour waiting to be explored. Michigan Fall Color Tours

We all have been working hard on campaigns, McCain/Palin and other state and local campaigns so I encourage everyone to take a small break relax, enjoy, Experience the "poem" that Joyce Kilmer wrote and return refreshed and ready to continue the fight.














4 comments:

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

Keep up the good fight. I sure wish we had a changing of the seasons in Southern California (but without the cold and the snow!).

apackof2 said...

Thanks I will!

BTW I think I'll do a winter edition so you can see how beautiful snow can be!

Ron said...

Great pic's. Here in Nevada we go from summer to winter with not much in between. I still miss Colorado. Nice colors there too.

apackof2 said...

I took some pics yesterday that took my breath away

Michigan in Fall is truly God's country!